Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Goals for 2009

I know I'm a week early for New Year's resolutions but what can I say, I'm an overachiever! Plus, working nights has afforded me alot of thinking time (good/bad?). I enjoy setting goals for myself at the beginning of a year and then looking back to see which ones I've achieved. I hope that as the years go by, I'll be able to look back and see the growth in my life.
So here they are:
1. Be more consistent/faithful in my daily devotions (Deut. 4:29-31, Isaiah 50:4)
2. Be more loving/supportive/encouraging towards Daniel (Eph. 5:22-24, 1 Corinthians 13)
3. Be content in the season that God has placed me in...patience (Jeremiah 29:11-14, Psalm 37:4)
4. Be more intentional in inviting people over and meeting new people at church (1 Peter 3:8, John 15:13, Galations 6:10)
5. Be a better correspondent with family and friends (whether that be phone/email/letters)
6. Be consistent in going to the gym (yuck!)
7. Eat healthier and lose weight (my goal is to fit back into my favorite jeans!!)
8. Cut back on extra spending (i.e. my craft spending!)
9. Take master's classes (maybe if time/finances allow)

I'm sure I'll be adding more as I spend time thinking about it but at least I've got a head start. Maybe I'll be able to start some of these before the new year...definitely not the losing weight part! I'd appreciate your prayers in these areas especially the serious ones at the top...


Just a prayer to leave you with from the prayer "Humiliation" from The Valley of Vision:
"Whem I am afraid of evils to come, comfort me, by showing me that in myself I am a dying, condemned wretch, but that in Christ I am reconciled, made alive, and satisfied; that I am feeble and unable to do any good, but that in Him I can do all things; that what I now have in Christ is mine in part, but shortly I shall have it perfectly in heaven."

No comments: