Saturday, December 20, 2008

His Way Is Perfect

I've been doing a lot of self-reflection recently...not quite sure why, it's definitely not usual for me to think deeply about anything! Maybe it's the impending end of yet another year but mainly, it's the messages Craig has been preaching recently about "thinking big" (see http://gracechurchfrisco.org). Sometimes, when I spend time in self-reflection it turns into self-pity which was the case a few weeks ago. I think about all the goals, expectations, and dreams I had for my life and realize that my life has not turned out how I had planned. Please don't get me wrong, I love where the Lord's path has taken me. I just never thought it would take me here...to the suburbs in Texas, to a small (not quite level 3) hospital, to no master's degree and none forseen in the near future, to no children (hopefully soon), and being far from my family. I've come to the conclusion that I need to stop trying to run my own life in my time frame according to my "list." Instead, I need to surrender daily to the Lord's leading for my life. I know that He has a perfect plan for me and will bring it to pass in His perfect timing! Last Wednesday, in care group, I shared with the ladies something I've been struggling with a lot in the past few months. I mentioned a song (which I couldn't remember the name or words to at the time) that has been so helpful to me over the years. It was the song that gripped my heart when I had turned so far from God. Every time I hear it, I can't help but cry! The song is titled "His Way Is Perfect." I'll try to post a link later to where you can actually listen to it but for now here are the words:
When my way seems dark and drear and the future I don’t know,
My heart feels so empty as the tears unending flow.
When my heart breaks with sorrow and a tempest fills my soul,
This one thing I know for sure: My God is in Control.

His way is perfect,
His way is perfect.
Though I don’t understand His wise and loving plan,
His way is perfect.
His way is perfect.
Take my life and make a vessel purified.
God makes no mistakes; His way is best.

When the toils of life are come and my heart is worn with care,
I faint ‘neath the burden of a cross I cannot bear.
When the joy has departed from my sorrow stricken soul,
This one thing I know for sure: My God is in control.

His way is perfect,
His way is perfect.
Though I don’t understand HIs wise and loving plan,
His way is perfect.
His way is perfect.
Take my life and make a vessel purified.
God makes no mistakes; His way is best.

Psalms 18:30 - "This God - His way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him."

1 comment:

https://crownmadeclothing.com/ said...

It's true; God has a plan- i thought I could control things too, and look how that turned out! I have to remind myself daily that there's a reason for what He does... And for what it's worth- you are touching lives every day at your job- you sure touched ours!
-Mariah